Sunday, August 14, 2011

Under The Jeweler's Chisel

The correction and convicction of my Master (Hebrews 12:5) is where Chambers says I can quench the Spirit of my Master, and he says it is easy to do. I take from this that it is also not necessarily a permanent condition. I thought from yesterday it could eventually become so.

If I resist, or rather when I resist my Master's correction I am reacting in the baser of my qualities, and they are all mine. I am driven by fear, pride, selfishness, resentment, or even idolatry. To reject anything my Master suggests is to place something above His soverignty in my life. That is idolatry.

Yesterday I believe I was shown something of my relationship with my Master, and I took it, embraced it, and tried to make my day different because of it. That should always be my response to His correction or conviction, but it's not. Sometimes I ignore it, sometimes I reject it or talk myself out of it.

But sometimes I embrace it. I believe I'm improving in this area, I'm not sure. I'm still in Oregon with the inlaws, and I have a long drive back with a very early start, and lots to do before we leave. This is a great opportinity to live out my new perspective of my relationship with my Master. It's also a great opportunity to fail in that.

Let's hope and pray I am able to live out of my Master's emotional attachment to me, so that I won't quench the Spirit He has given me as a deposit of heaven. That would be a good day regardless of difficulty along the way. I guess school is now in session; afterall, I am awake.

Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest": August 14th.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment