Saturday, November 12, 2011

What? Am I already perfect?

So, does Chambers really think that I'm not saved unless I stop sinning? I doubt it. The main part of the entry sounds like it. But then he refers to 1 John 1:7, where the point is not perfection but fellowship. That makes more sense, but even John seems to go back and forth over this idea.


I am not perfect, nor have I had much perfection in my life with my Master. Has it only been in the past year that I have been saved? Has it been shorter since I have slipped since then? Or has my addiction been a struggle to repent within my life with my Master?


But regardless, when I think of what 2 Corinthians 5:17 means; the amazing thing that must have have happened for it to be true; then I am floored! How can I be a recipient of such blessing? A new creation? So what was once dear to me or major parts of my previous life are gone. My old errors are gone. That's amazing grace. And it isn't about timing, in the sense that I can get too bad for my Master's grace to reach.


The point Paul makes in 1 Corinthians 5:17 is that my Master has involved me in His ministry to reconcile the world to Himself. He has, in Christ, made atonement for my rebellious nature toward Him. And then He began to work on that nature to transform me into the image of His Son, Christ Jesus.


So, because I'm in Christ Jesus, I am a new thing, the old things passed, stuff has become new things. Just because I'm in my Master, not because I'm good enough, or attained some sort of spiritual maturity. Thank you, my Master.


Oswald Chambers - Readings - November 12


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment