Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Part Sorrow Plays?

One piece of how I have been reacting to being "carried" along to this move is suspicion that something horrible must be about to happen. It stems from a sense that I do not deserve to have things go so well for me. Things have gone very well indeed.

To suspect calamity as a result is to distrust my Master. It really is a sinful rebellion against His revealed nature in all of this. Saying my rebellion stems from my sense of unworthiness does not make it any less sinful. Saying that my Master knows I develop more character when I suffer also does not excuse my rebellious suspicion.

Sorrow, as Chambers points out, is where I learn more about myself. But sorrow only has this effect when taken in contrast; it requires some sucess and monotiny for effectiveness.

And besides all this, my Master knows my frame better than I do. He knows what I can endure. So, if He takes me gently through this move, He does so because He knows I can't endure this move with harshness. So, pride as well, drives my suspicion, and there is no grounds for it.

I will, therefore, having confessed my rebellious suspicion, enjoy the gentileness of my Master. I will rest in Him, declare His mercy, receive His grace, and encourage others sharing the peace He shares with me. So I load up the family and dogs and move out in the morning. From here on and for the next 5 days I blog from the road. Weeee! If you see an enormous U-haul dragging a green boxy car with a huge teddy bear in the driver seat, honk and wave. I promise to.smile and wave back.

Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest": June 25th.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments:

Post a Comment