Friday, June 3, 2011

The Intimate Secrets of my Master

Do I know or am I privy to “the secret joys” of my Master?  Chambers, using Psalm 25:14, says that when I am really intimate with my Master (today, kids would say, “tight”, which is a really good word for this), then He will share His secret joys.  Unfortunately, examples are not included in the entry.  The closest thing to an example is the term “tiny things”, but there again, no examples of that either.

The rest of his reference to being so familiar with the will of my Master that I don’t have to ask I understand.  But now I suspect there may be this secret I don’t know, others do, and I’m left out.  How annoying!  But I suspect that seeing the gifts and blessings of my Master in things like parking places, timely or believing customers, and the wind in trees is close to what Chambers is referring.  I suspect, but I do not really know.

I do know that my Master provides assurance when He knows I need it.  Yesterday, He provided it from my senior supervisor who referred to how odd it would be when I wasn’t there yet still did work, like some ghost.  So, I guess I will be working remotely, I just don’t know how or in what way.  That means I move with a job, I just don’t know the details yet.  Ironically, I think I am more fearful or troubled about the job now than I was.

The secret joys of my Master come to me through the assurance that I’m cared for.  He has my back.  I don’t always see how, even now.  I know that there are those I work for who are working diligently to secure my position with this company even as I move.  That is a huge assurance.  I know that they see it as a foregone conclusion, and that is meaningful.  But I do not see what is a foregone conclusion, the details of this position I would carry with me, nor do I see what is necessary on my part.  Since I don’t know that, there are details I cannot arrange ahead of time at the house we are moving into.

But how can those unknowns compare with the continuing assurance of my Master?  If He is so clear that He is providing this position, how can I then worry about details I can’t even know?  He must know those as well, so why worry?  It is a truth I can rest in securely that my Master loves me, He has my back, and I am free to be at His service.  I need to take a deep breath, accept that I do not know everything, derive peace that what I do know comes from my Master, and continue to wait, worship, and walk before Him.  Sounds easy.  And I believe it is easier than tearing myself up inside worrying about silly details He has already arranged.

Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest": June 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment