Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Driving Tired?

I am tired. I yawn, I blink, my eyes burn, all the normal signs that I am tired. And yet I have a large truck to drive, trailer to pull, and ground to cover. Two days of truck failures have set us behind, yet after a long push yesterday, we are nearly caught up. I drink my coffee, and I set my heart to what lies ahead. I don't dread it. But I am not looking forward to it either.

So why go this early, why push this hard? I am curious. It has been two hard days of being pushed against, when all these past months we have been pushed forward. It's as if we are being delayed. There is something there where we go; something prepared for us by my Master. I want to see it. I am anxious though. Unfortunately it's not enough to wake me up. A shower and breakfast will help, along with lots of coffee.

All this is only part of the pursuit of that for which my Master has pursued me. I want to be diligent, but not foolish. Do I push too hard? Perhaps more rest will better keep the truck between the lines than using the mirrors. It is a dilemma. I want what lies ahead, but I feel like I need to wait. I'm tired of waiting too.

I will decide with my wife what is best. Perhaps the shower and food and caffeine will suffice. But what does the Spirit of my Master want? What is He directing?

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, June 28

1 comment:

  1. As it turns out, we made North Las Vegas with plenty of time for the pool and Chinese delivery. We are right on schedule to arrive tomorrow. Please pray for us as the motor home was overheating, and tomorrow, we will be out of cell coverage for a lot of the time.

    ReplyDelete