Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What Does My Master's Location Mean For Me?

Today's entry in MUFHH is one to which my response is really just AMEN!  Chambers has capsulized the good news which my Master accomplished in very clear beautiful way.  It included the time from Transfiguration to the Ascension.  The point he made is that by coming down from the event of the transfiguration, enduring the crucifixion, experiencing the resurrection, and ascending back into glory, Jesus completed what was left open in the transfiguration.

I'm not sure I necessarily agree with that, but it is certainly interesting to me.  Really, what I was pulled toward was the Ascension.  One of the interesting things about the resurrection, in terms of a narrative, is that it leaves the Savior of the World still in exile in His creation.  The Ascension completes the story with Jesus as the main Character.  The record of Acts continues the story with the Holy Spirit as the main Character.  The necessary transition is the Ascension.  Jesus said that unless He left, the Spirit would not be able to come.  The transition of the story pivoted on the event of my Master's disappearance into the clouds.

The effect on me is huge.  Because of this event, the Spirit has come.  Because my Master ascended, I am connected to Him and to other believers in unimaginable ways.  I am not constrained to my own abilities and devices.  I am freed to be available to Him.  I am free to obey, and empowered to submit.  I can fearlessly engage in every endeavor I am sent into.  I never move, think, or act alone.  The effect transforms my very existence into an extension of my Master's purpose, design, plans, glory, majesty, power, grace, peace, and so much more.  I am an impression of the presence and power of my Master into this world.  As mass causes an impression in spacetime, so I am such an impression of my Master in this His creation.  Hopefully, as effect of the impression of my Master through me, draws others to Him as mass attracts mass through spacetime.  Gravity pulling all things through the universe, and drawing them toward my Master; a cosmic astronomical ballet perfectly designed performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment