Monday, May 16, 2011

My Master Will Pick Up the Tab

One of the things that I hear believer say when the price tag is attached to whatever ministry they want to pursue is ,"'God owns the cattle on a thousand hills,' and He'll pick up the tab."  This sounds like a great statement of faith on the surface, but it is difficult not to also suspect that it is justification for whatever.  One problem I have for the easy use of this statement is that it is true, my Master does own immeasurable resources, but that they are restricted or more often financial, and I  believe that the resources are much more extensive.

I have needs for strength, courage, peace, and vision.  Money is often a need, but I have had to deal with less.  I have been a paid minister making less than $20k so, while I know that my Master has unlimited resources, I also know He doesn't always increase my allowance.  But I have never known Him to be short on strength, courage, peace, and so on needed for suscess in whatever He leads me into.  That is the Master for Whom I work, and those are the resources He provides me without reservation.

So, sometimes I barely make it.  Sometimes I run short of what I need or want.  There are times I have too much to know what to do with.  I have overshot my own wisdom and discovered I was actually foolish.  But these short falls were because I failed to rely on my Master and His resources.  Sure there are difficulties associated ministries, callings, and direction given by my Master, but His provision is always sufficent.  I know that while He may not provide what I expect, He will always provide.

While I know that my Master's provision is sufficient, I also know that my habitual reliance on Him is insufficient.  I catch myself worrying, and then back off, sit back, and begin talking to the One I should have started with.  I learn so slowly.  I am now seeing my Master do great things in my life.  I am excited to see His provision, which has already out-stripped my imagination.  I have much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment