Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Peace of Growing and Flying

I sort of feel bad that I am in a situation where I cannot devote enough attention to these MUFHH entries.  The one for yesterday, and again today's are great, and need more of my attention.  Chambers refers to Matthew 6:26 and 28, familiar passages on worry, yet I had not considered them as he does today.

He points out that the lilies just grow, they don't work, toil, spin thread, weave cloth, and they don't put all their effort into being pretty.  The point Chambers makes is that I shouldn't try to be what my Master has designed me to be, and what He is working to transform me into.  This is important for me to remember.  I do worry how I appear to others.  I worry that I am being what I need to be for my Master.  I wonder if I said the right thing, at the right time, for the right reasons.  It drives me crazy.  I need to remember what Chambers points out.  I need to just relax and let my Master transform me.  My job is to be available.  My task is submission.  In that there is the peace I so desperately need.

So, peace is found in not striving, but living in submission.  The stress of meeting a standard is replaced by the peace of meeting with my Master.  The pressure of becoming acceptable is replaced by the serenity of a relationship with the Master and Sustainer of the Universe.  Life is metamorphed into abundant life.  I am used beyond my ability; my ability to see, my ability to understand, my ability to achieve, to make, or to do.

So, in the tension of this day, I will be the serene one among the stressed out achievers.  My achievement for the day is being available to my Master, and letting Him dictate how I respond to the crush of customers.  They have needs that are subject to their need for my Master.  How can I meet their surface needs in a way that points to their need for my Master?  That is my task for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment