Saturday, January 28, 2012

01/28/11 - MUFHH - Acts 26:14



I have never been clear about what the comment Jesus makes to Paul about persecuting Jesus and 'kicking goads' really means. What about what Paul did was persecuting Jesus, and what were the painful motivators he fought against? What if Paul's refusal to submit to Jesus in his service to God were the persecution? What if the pain suffered by the believers was not the focus there? Then, when I resist Jesus, it hurts us both. The 'goads' hurt me, and my rebellion hurts Jesus. I believe that sometimes God inspired more than one way of understanding a passage. I wonder if this is one of those. So, resisting Jesus' Spirit does wound me. But it might also hurt Jesus. This makes my search for the will of my Lord all the more important. What, today, is distracting me from my focus on Him? What are my 'wind and waves' that cause me to sink instead of walk?

No comments:

Post a Comment