Sunday, January 22, 2012

01/22/11 - MUFHH - Isaiah 45:22



In Isaiah 45:22 God declares His call to the whole earth. If anyone looks to Him they are saved. That blows me away. How often have I tried to come up with just the right words or argument to influence someone to be saved? How many times have I not spoken about salvation because I was afraid I couldn't explain it or make it clear enough? Right after this verse God declares that every knee will bow and tongue confess Him as Lord. Paul uses that quote in Philippians 2 referring to the glorification of Jesus. So here I have a passage that gets at the root of salvation, look to God. He is God and there is no other. Now, am I looking to Him alone, or do I secretly rely on my own resources in the deep reccesses of my mind? Time for me to start digging for roots!

No comments:

Post a Comment