Tuesday, January 17, 2012

01/17/11 - MUFHH - Galatians 1:15-16



What is the essence of my call from God? Initially it was into a relationship with Him. But what else? To preach? Does that sort of thing change? In Galatians 1 Paul said he was called by God to announce Jesus to the Gentiles (or nations or peoples). God seemed to leave out the 'how', and the 'why' was obvious. But his assurance of that call stayed his whole life. I have not experienced my own call in that fashion. I am bothered by that. Oswald Chambers said that '...service is the echo of my identification with the nature of God.' That does not help me much. What resonates with me as I draw close to God is in these short statements. Is that my vocational call? I guess someone might pay me to stop writing them and filling up their wall. But I still feel hung up for later use.

No comments:

Post a Comment