Sunday, January 1, 2012

01/01/11 - MUFHH - Philippians 1:20


Philippians 1:20 - The letters of Paul written from prison highlight a foundational inconsistency of mine. I read of his drive to glorify Jesus in any circumstance, written from some of the worst. I read from the comfort of safety, without physical persecution. My faith has not been tested in his arena. In fact, my faith has not been challenged much at all. So where does this passage intersect with my life? In two places. My arena is one of arguments. So I must strive to glorify my Savior at whatever personal cost by tearing down philosophical strongholds contrary to Jesus as Lord. Second, like the prayers and petitions of the Philippian believers encouraged Paul, so I must pray for the persecuted fellow believers across the globe. I want to be accepted, and praying for people I don't know does not hold my attention for long. But it is time to stop whining, grab the sword and shield, and take my place in line with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment