Saturday, January 14, 2012

01/14/11 - MUFHH - Isaiah 6:8


The model of the call of Isaiah in Isaiah 6:8 sounds like a general call, but Isaiah got to the presence of God by God's devices rather than his own. So it was a general question, but a limited audience. Disciples were called individually, and Paul had to be knocked off his horse and blinded before he heard the call of Jesus. But hasn't every believer already received that particular call to 'follow'? I think it's the call after the initial one that throws believers. Unbelievers don't even wonder about such a thing. After the initial specific call, comes the general call to obedience. I think that is what have missed and still wrestle with today. Perhaps it is more accurate to say that I sense I have made mistakes that hamper my ability to hear and obey. That would make now a perfect time for spiritual disciplines to make me more accessible to God. I have amends to make, pride to crush and swallow, and my Savior to seek in solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment