Saturday, January 21, 2012

01/21/11 - MUFHH - Jeremiah 2:2



My dad used to say that people who liked (something he didn't) 'chased jackrabbits and barked at the moon.' I always thought that a funny phrase growing up, and I'm sure he appreciated me laughing at his jokes. What do I remember about my early life with Jesus, or more importantly, what does He remember about our early life together? Is my faith as firm, my devotion as deep, my purpose as singular? As I look back, there are several places I hope NOT! But there lots of ways, ways that are touched when cry at some children's movie, that I've 'grown out of', and I miss those. I believe Jesus does too. He is much more than 'Puff, the Magic Dragon' who misses the little boy now grown. He is the Ruler and Master of the Universe who misses His wayward ignorant servant and friend. Unlike Jerusalem in Jeremiah 2, I think I'll go back home now; it's getting dark, and I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment