Monday, January 2, 2012

01/02/11 - MUFHH - Hebrews 11:8


Hebrews 11:8 - Abraham goes forth without knowing the place. He goes with direction, purpose, and end in sight (inheritance). But without knowing anything about his destination. Does he even want to inherit it? Are the people nice? Do they know he's there to "inherit" their land? As it turns out, he doesn't see that day of inheritance. And the only battle he fights is against people of his place of origin (Mesopotamia) and not Canaan. He ends his life owning a burial plot and passing his nomadic life on to his son. So he followed the direction to the unknown place, and never saw the end. Can I go out daily without knowing the details, trusting that Jesus knows them, and let that be enough? It is kinda the story of my married life. This my be another of those years of migration. I will go out without knowledge, again. I hope they build character, because they aren't fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment