Wednesday, January 4, 2012

01/04/11 - MUFHH - John 13:37


One of my struggles as a believer is perceiving God's will. One of the biggest problems I face in that struggle is distinguishing God's will from my own; God's voice from the voice of my own desires.
In John 13:37, so did Peter. Here though Jesus also wanted Peter to follow, but knew he was not able. Peter's question uses a passive verb as if any inability is not his fault, but someone else hindering him.
Where do I face the same challenge to follow Jesus? Where is my invisible line of ability drawn? And do I, follow anyway, as Peter did only to fail in the midst of my enemies?
Well, I will follow, fail occasionally, but always swim to the beach where Jesus stands, resurrected, ready to receive me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment