Wednesday, January 25, 2012

01/25/11 - MUFHH - 2 Corinthians 3:18



Do others see the glory of Jesus in my face from my time spent with Him? 2 Corinthians 3:18 sort of confuses me. I wrestle with the mirror. Is the Scripture the mirror or is it the face of my brothers and sisters in Christ? The context could be read either way as Paul drops a new metaphor not used in the previous verses. Oswald Chambers thought the mirror was believers. My 'Baptist' upbringing screams out 'Scripture!', but I remain undecided. I think that if it were other believers then I have a large responsibility and I'm not sure I see the glory much at church (not one specific church either). I don't think I present something to veil, and I see little to be veiled. Something is missing in me and my church. Good day for it though. I have an opportunity to see and be seen today. Well, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment