Friday, January 27, 2012

01/27/11 - MUFHH - Matthew 6:25



Doors hide things, and closet doors even more so. In Matthew 6 Jesus begins to wind down the sermon on the mount by discussing worry. Don't worry, but He does not follow up with, be happy. Don't worry about food, drink, clothes, or house. The soul is more than food, and the body more than clothes. But these are the basics of life. These are the fundamentals of survival. His point is that my Father in Heaven has it covered. I know that on a surface level, but I am concerned on a level not far below that. I am concerned about what others might think. I am concerned about how I look to them. Sometimes I dress to impress, other times to offend. It is still about others or me, not my Heavenly Father, my Master, my Savior. The doors on the closets of my heart hide much that should be open to Jesus and others. Something else to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment