Wednesday, January 11, 2012

01/11/11 - MUFHH - Luke 23:26


If I choose to 'take up my cross', what if there is someone like Simon of Cyrene who is affected? What if my sacrificial obedience to Jesus costs others? Do I scale back my obedience to minimize or remove the cost to others? Or perhaps, I'm not the general but the soldier. Perhaps my role is obedience, and how that obedience fits into the objectives of my Master is not mine to worry about. Perhaps knowing that the overall objective is to glorify God is enough. Maybe concerning myself with how others view me because my obedience is inconvenient to them is really more prideful than considerate. Maybe what I imagined to be the cost of obedience is both different and cheaper than it really is. Well, enough going on about it, 'Geronimo!'

No comments:

Post a Comment