Tuesday, January 10, 2012

01/10/11 - MUFHH - Acts 26:18


In Acts 26:18 Paul is quoting Jesus as He gives Paul marching orders. I find interesting the inclusiveness of the results. Gentiles are the intended audience of these things (see the previous verses). But their inheritance is in those being made holy by Jesus. So they have a portion among those set apart for Jesus' use apart from any common use they may have had before. Am I sure that is what I signed on for? YES! And yet, I find it difficult to keep that perspective daily. I often forget that my life events,  even mundane ones, are holy rather than common merely because I am holy. They are God's events where He is using me for a purpose of His design. So my boredom or complacency is extremely unbecoming of a servant to the king. That mindset will take some training for me. Perhaps if I can change my weight, I can change my mind about this too. That would make me more accessable to God. That would be a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment