Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Waiting for It, IT, or my Master

It is finally July 5, and today I had planned to start work. The "black box" is not here, I have not hooked up the computer to my network (I will do that this morning), and I have no idea what happens now. My plan has come up empty. I did not plan with my Master in view, as Chambers puts it. I planned what I wanted. Silly me.

Today is a new world with new rules, new prospects, and new possibilities. Today begins this period where I finally see what it was my Master called me out here for. Here I continue my calling to wait, worship, and walk before Him. Today begins a new chapter where I do the thing which worked so well up to this time; I wait.

I work while waiting. I have fields to prepare for the rains my Master is bringing. I have work to do around this house, once the 'work' setup is complete. I have things to do constantly which naturally result from moving half-way across the country. I have lots of work, which means I have lots of opportunities to walk before my Master, in the midst of worshipping and waiting.

Well, I guess I better get at it. "Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go!"

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, July 5

No comments:

Post a Comment