Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Quick Post About A Missing Crisis

I start my first day of really working. Since the magic black box is missing, I will be calling customers on my cell phone. This is probably one of my least favorite parts of the job, but it is necessary. It's searching for that golden needle in a haystack. I usually end up in a longer sales process rather than sell right then over the phone, but sometimes it works out. So eight hours of it will be tough.

Chambers says that my Master's vision of what I am to be is worked out in difficulty. I don't know if this counts, but I certainly don't see it as a time to cave to vile cravings. I'm tired, and we have decided to change our routine such that coffee is pushed off for about an hour. I don't like that much. It is what it is, but still. I'm tired, bleary-eyed, and now know I need to hit the sack earlier. I learn slowly I suppose.

But this is, again, not the difficulty Chambers is writing about. I suppose that is coming. There will be that dark valley where it seems I am furthest away from the vision of what I am to be. I guess in that valley will be another test to see if I will give into temptation; or rather another opportunity to resist said temptation. I have more to do on the house, and some things to setup before my wife travels next month. We have a church to find, and other things to work out (doctors, mechanics, and so on). But none of these would seem to be a defining crisis.

Well, now it's time to stop this and work out to a "demonic" trainer. It's good for me, but tough. But even this is not the defining problem where my Master works over my character making it into the vision He desires. When that happens, I will blog about it. Never fear.

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, July 6

No comments:

Post a Comment