Friday, July 8, 2011

Focusing On What I Do Know of My Master’s Will

I know that my Master has led me and my "household" out here to Nevada. I don't know why yet. I am anxious to discover it, but again, my call is to wait, worship, and walk before Him. So, I will. My black box came yesterday, and it works fine. I plugged into the phone system at work, caught some calls and made some money on inbound calls. It's for real now. Curtains are on windows, most of the boxes are gone (from inside the house), and the house is looking more like it belongs to us. We are here, but why?

The neighborhood is really quiet during the day. I saw two kids out yesterday afternoon, and they have been the first two I've seen in a week. I see a car now and then going up or down the street, but very few. It's as if we're going to have to go out and find people, they aren't going to be just waiting around for us in their yards. It's kind of like the beginning of a scary movie where there is something sinister in the neighborhood, and no one talks about it. I suspect is just summer and everyone is hiding in the air conditioned interior of their homes, or at work. I suspect it has more to do with X-Boxes and Wii's than some sinister person (those are sinister enough).

Can I maintain my composure in this position until my Master reveals to us what we're here for? That is the real question. I believe I can, just, as Chambers points out, as long as my will is aligned loyally to my Master. The key in this situation is for me to maintain the focus of my will on my Master. Right now He has placed me in a situation to do my job under much greater, more intimate scrutiny than before. Now I office with my wife. She gets to hear me on the phone with customers. I have to ensure that, to an even higher degree, I honor her as well as my Master while I'm doing my job. My daughter can hear me, and I need to honor her as well. I am a witness to my family in this time and place.

I suspect there is more to this than bearing witness to my family, but I will have to wait for the rest. Today, I will be faithful what I do have, and my will is to be loyal to my Master in my job. I will do it.

As a side note, I have to admit it is fun struggling with the challenge of having my mind in two time zones at once. The work computer is in Central Time, and I live in Pacific Time. It's weird, and challenging enough to keep my attention. It's very engaging, but that can't sustain me for long. I'll get the hang of it, and will eventually have to maintain my focus without it.

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, July 8

No comments:

Post a Comment