Sunday, March 13, 2011

Who Is This God Person Anyway?

When I think of what God, my Master has done for me, I am taken on a wide tour of history, of physical science, of psychology of philosophy, of politics, economics, and sociology. What my Master has done on my behalf cut through the core of all these disciplines and into the center of my soul (or Psyche). I don't have value or worth, or importance, or even practical use apart from what my Master has done for me. I am made up of pieces from all these disciplines, and through all of these pieces is woven a thread that connects every experience and thought back to a Person. My life is defined by the underlying existence of the One responsible for everything, even "evil". Here's why. This One responsible for everything knows my name, and has made Himself knowable. Since there was no possible way for me to reach Him, He formed the path consistent with His character by which He and I could connect. The only motivation for this activity on His part is and strange and powerful form of love. "For God loves the world (kosmos) to the extent that He surrendered His One and Only Son so that anyone believing in Him would not be destroyed but have eternal life." When this statement is divorced from the One, it sounds odd but not powerful. But tie it back to, ground it upon, and fasten it permanently to the Maker and Sustained of the Universe, the Maker and Destroyer of stars, the meaning overwhelms and crushes lessor pretenders for my attention. If it were my neighbor, I'd call him an idiot or a fool, wonder how he could be so stupid to give up his only son, especially to do so for scoundrels and vagabonds. But when that Person has "Created the sun, earth, moon, and stars" on His resume, it becomes very difficult to consider Him an idiot; inexplicable perhaps but not an idiot. So I wait on such an inexplicable One. I worship such an inexplicable One. I walk about in the presence of such an inexplicable One. Sounds like a full day.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment