Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Interceding on Behalf of my Neighbors


Intercessory prayer is not something I do enough of.  I would consider this area one where I fall down.  It is also one of those areas where I can most get out of myself and into the perspective of my Master.  Considering the sorts of things He is teaching me lately, it would seem like it would take more of a central position in my life with my Master.  Unfortunately, I seem more consumed by other things.  For instance, this blog has taken up my morning devotion time.  In a way it has become that morning devotion time.  And as of Friday, I will not be making more entries (they will run on automatic until February 2).

Intercessory prayer is also something I feel impressed to do from my Master’s Spirit.  I have people just “pop” into my mind while praying, and they need to be brought before my Master.  Sometimes He brings them to me; sometimes thoughts of them need to be brought to Him in captivity.  What Chambers says to pray for is along the lines of the redemption of the person.  A lot of the time, though, my prayer and who is brought to my mind are people I know have a relationship with my Master.  Along my street there are examples of people I have no idea about.  They could be saved already, but I know so few of them.

Intercession is a priestly role, so I suppose it really is more on behalf of those who have no relationship with my Master.  When I have the opportunity so close around me then I avoid a clear and present responsibility.  As I think about it, I have had contact with several of the families around me already.  I have had enough contact to pray for them (even if I can’t remember their names).  Perhaps that’s what I should be doing now instead of typing…

No comments:

Post a Comment