Monday, April 11, 2011

Raised to Walk Before my Master

One of several difficulties I face daily is living my life in light of the qualitative truth that I am the domicile of the Spirit of Jesus. I live like most people, like I am my own domicile, but that ignores the truth that I am now the visitor, and Someone else now owns the house. Ironically, this is also a truth I am currently living out on more common level as well.

Jesus has died and been raised from death. He has conquered the penalty and tyranny of death over His human creatures. I enjoy that victory because I accept His invitation to do so. I don't enjoy something I have earned, but rather I enjoy a gift offered to all human creatures.

In this state of enjoying the resurrection life of my Master, I live pretty much like everyone else. I work, I eat, sleep, enjoy a family, and repeat day after day.

But there supposed to be a quality that is distinct about the things that fill my day. Something should be qualitatively different. The qualities of my Master should be evident through me. Which qualities? Holiness for one; though not exactly His quality of holiness, but holiness to Him. I am also to share His unity with the Father, again not exactly as He does. I am to see others and life events as He does, and this is in the same way. But to see others and our life events as He does requires a level of sensitivity to Him, listening on a spiritual level, an active awareness of His Spirit within me that I do not exhibit every day. This is where my "resurrected life" seems to fall short.

I am doing some things differently. I am reaching out to my Master in the afternoons. I am blogging (even without internet with my phone). I am adding to my prayers the phrases which put me more in His path, within His reach, and at His service. So I have an expectation that the qualities of my Master in whose house I now live, will become evident in my daily actions.

Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest": April 11th.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment