Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Crucifixion Revisited.

Have I reached that point where I accept that sin must be killed in me? That is question which Chambers poses, and one I have circled for weeks. There are so many sorts of sin in my life, where do I start? Where Jesus directs.

One of the blessings of my life in Christ Jesus, my Master, is that I don't wander aimlessly through my life with Him. Part one of entering that life was confessing Him as Master. I no longer serve myself, or, at least I shouldn't. But that also means that in His work on me, I have His guidance and direction. My Master, the Maker of Heaven and Earth, is interested in me; takes action in me, around me, through me, and with me (actually He invites me to act with Him).

So, on one hand, I have reached that moral decision that sin must be executed within me. This is not a sacrifice where it is laid on the altar, this is the burning of rubbish outside the camp, this is the "scape goat" released into the wilderness. No one partakes of this ritual, not even (or especially) my Master.

Sin is that stain which mars the apperance of the holiness of my Mater visible in/through me. Windex will not make more clear and Him more visible. Only my Master possesses the astringent I need for this sort of purification. I present myself to Him. He takes it from there. What sin He finds, what flaw draws His attention, and what foolish assumption He deflates; these I surrender as He points them out.

Pardon me while I don my hospital gown, submit to the knife of my Master Surgeon. And, yes, this is going to hurt. But not as much as I suffer now leaving it in place. Ah, here comes the laughing gas! See you on the other side!

Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest": April 10th.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment