Friday, April 1, 2011

Intercession by Example

I have to admit that this intercession angle is really cutting into my “quiet time/blog time.”  Today, Chambers ties the work of interceding to the work of Jesus and His Spirit.  So, now I am faced with the example of my Master, and being an extension of His work as an intercessor. 

The story behind the April Fool is interesting.  Long ago, I believe during either the middle ages or just after, New Years Day was moved from April 1 to January 1 on the calendar.  Celebrating on April 1 corresponded to the beliefs of many religions, including the Hebrew Calendar (sort of, since the Hebrew Calendar is a “lunar” calendar, the correspondence varied every year).  I’m not sure the reasoning, but the change was made.  Anyone who forgot and celebrated New Years or said, “Happy New Years” on April 1 was referred to as the “April Fool”.  That is a very abbreviated version of the account, but the idea was the the person who was unaware that things had changed on them, or forgot something basic was deemed a fool.

Today, I am that fool.  Of course I should be doing intercession.  Of course I should be seeking the face of my Master in prayer.  But I have been blogging in response to Scripture and in response to the writings of another child of my King.  And this activity has sometimes taken the place of prayer.  On the other hand, I have been in prayer throughout the day.  I have sought my Master in the afternoons (not every afternoon, but I am getting there).  So, in the process of my day, I do intercede.  But I have let this activity interfere with the other.

So, today is the last entry and I will leave off writing for prayer.  I will instead of writing these entries in the morning, write them whenever I have time.  I know that they have been the catalyst of growth, the means of making myself available to my Master in the past 3 months.  I know that the growth I have enjoyed recently has been wonderful, but it is time to get back to the work of prayer and intercession.  Sure I can and do pray throughout the day.  But I have neglected this work of my Master long enough.  I will become that intercessor I should have been all along.

So, here I go, and good by for now…

You believed that?  Am I not an intercessor already?  Haven’t you read the last two entries?  I would be crazy to now isolate myself from the hands of my Master when He has begun to do so much.  Don’t be an April Fool!  Things have changed within me, and I would be a fool to return to my old busted ways of doing things.

But since I am also to be an intercessor, I will add that to my bag of activities which put me within reach of my Master.  Sorry for the prank, but it is the day, and I do love pranks.  If you are truly angry with me, comment…and I will intercede with my Master for you too.

Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost For His Highest": April 1st.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you got me!! I was just thinking about what I would say about it when I came to talk to you...which I was headed to do!!! ILY!

    ReplyDelete