Saturday, October 8, 2011

Come to The Master for Peace and Rest

This is one of the entries in MUFHH where I just want to go and sit quietly with my Master for a while.  My powers of concentration lack much that looks like power, so I will probably be right back.

In Matthew 11 Jesus’ call to “Come to Me” directed at those to whom He has revealed the Father, those considered foolish or infants, and those He called out of that generation and those cities.  In other gospels, He calls out those words at a festival.  The call is still directed at those who are spent and carrying heavy loads.  He promises rest, a refreshing rest for the whole person, not just the muscles or bones or mind or heart; His rest is for the whole soul.

I’m doing well, even though I have this weekend to myself.  I have things to do, places to go, and people to hang out with.  It is silent right now, but even that is relative.  I still hear the hum and buzz of the actions of other people.  I am not alone, per se, just alone in the sense that I am not in the house with anyone.  But even here, I hear my Master call me to come to Him.  As Chambers says, it’s not to do something of consequence, but rather to be somewhere of magnitude.  What can I come up with that is better than the presence of the Universal Master of protons and stars, galaxies and quarks?

Today I have work to do that will put me with other believers.  I have a family to help that will put me with other believers.  And I have a festival to attend that will put me with all sorts of people.  Somewhere in there I hope to clean the livingroom.  These make up my short todo list for the day.  In all of them is the opportunity to come to my Master, and from the foot of His throne to minister and be ministered to.  I have need of both, since others are blessed in both.

I feel a sense of peace over this day, but it is an energetic peace.  I am excited to jump into it.  But first things first.  Breakfast is a necessary element if I am to work much.

Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest, October 8

No comments:

Post a Comment