Saturday, April 14, 2012

It Was My Wife Who's To Blame, But I Helped Where I Could

It was a cocktail party and I don't drink.  That was the first problem.  The second was that I don't like to dress up.  But we went because we had to; part of the price for being invited to such a place.


The food was excellent, the band played soft and soothing.  I actually knew the people we sat with, so that helped.  And it was there that the  conversation happened.  It was my wife who brought it up; God, she asked my co-worker and her husband.  I chimed in on theological points, and we discussed different denominational views and so on.  It was a good conversation, and God moved them to reconsider a relationship with Him.


It was my wife who was to blame here, but I helped where I could.  I have no excuse for not running point other than that I was on the other side of the table.  But it is simply an excuse.


The food was amazing, the atmoshpere was very nice.  The conversations around us were loud, but we could still hear each other.  It was a good point to bring up the Maker of the ingredients used by the chefs.  The night was a good one.  But we still felt out of place among such "finery".


We hold the knowledge of the True Light illuminating every person coming into the world.  And yet the soft lights barely illuminating our food got more attention.  We spoke of Him to others, and the Master Light blessed.  It was not our favorite venue, but it was where He placed us.


But the new day shows up, and the water beckons.  We begin our day with a prayer and searching Scriptures.  It is a good day, begun well.  Will we serve our Master today?  Will I?


I've had my swim and my coffee, so I have no excuse of being sleepy.  It's another beautiful day in a paradise by the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment