Wednesday, February 1, 2012

02/01/11 - MUFHH - 1 Corinthians 1:17



Back to calling again. This time the winter of my soul deepens, the sense of waiting for spring continues without break. Yet in one aspect I see that much of my calling I missed because I focused on the change in me and my fellow believers. But we were already redeemed (at least that was the claim). I wanted myself and my local church to act attractive to those not redeemed. But why attract them to us instead of the Cross of Christ? In 1 Corinthians 1:17 Paul claims his call was to the proclamation of the good news. But not in his ability to speak. That would detract from the act of Jesus to redeem. I was a distraction instead of background when that was my focus. Perhaps the hope of spring grows even as the temperature drops. I will spend this time of waiting learning of my Masters purpose in suffering, One for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment